My husband and I finally got a chance to see Thor. It was everything that we thought it should be… Action, heart pumping, and Thor was a great hero. Idris Elba actually fit in this Thor version. In fact, we were impressed with the multicultural crew and strong female characters. For the most part it seemed like a traditional Marvel movie. The only thing we both disliked was Loki. I mean what was up with his character?
I thought I “got” Loki’s traditional character as the trickster and evil manipulator but this Loki was an odd bird. I just didn’t understand him. My husband and I went back and forth as to why the character flopped. Tom Hiddleston did a great acting job. The words rolled off my tongue, “This Loki reminded me of Adolf Hitler.”
We both looked at each other and had an Arsenio Hall moment, “Hmm.” We actually created a list in the car. Tell me what you think:
- Hitler was part Jewish. Loki was part Frost Giant.
- Hitler hated and despised Jews. Loki hated and depised the Frost Giants.
- Hitler had dark hair. Loki had dark hair.
- Hitler had a small, wiry frame. Loki had a small, wiry frame.
- Hitler was eccentric. Loki was eccentric.
- Hitler was a master manipulator of words. Loki was a master manipulator of words.
- Hitler ran a fear-based regime. Loki ran a fear-based kingdom.
- Hitler committed suicide. Loki committed suicide.
Did Hollywood do this on purpose? If I were a white supremacist, I think I would be mad. I might even boycott this movie but not because of Idris Elba’s character.
Did anyone else think that this Loki was odd? What do you all think about these similarities? I’d love to hear comments. I’m pushing the envelope here. If you think I’ve gone to far, let me know.
Hitler’s Mixed Race Ancestry Questioned: